Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Battle With Popcorn!!

$1 for a large bucket of popcorn and $1 for a large soda pop - what a deal!  My natural justification mechanisms kicked in with: skip the pop, get the popcorn, skip the salt and butter...and hey, it's not that bad.  It's almost better than a salad! ;)  Sound familiar?  And so the Battle with Popcorn went all the way to the location, at the location, and as I left the location...BUT I WON!!!

I wasn't noble in the victory as I had myself convinced that a "little" "air-popped" "unsalted" blah blah blah would actually be GOOD for me since I only had 430 calories today.  I was literally standing in line with my dollar in hand ready to make the purchase.  Would it have killed me?  No, but the THOUGHT that allowed the little exception, compounded over time, would bring me RIGHT back into fat pants!  It isn't the little single action that gets ANYONE it is the mental allowance, the THOUGHT, the philosophy that creates a broken system of standards that will absolutely kill you over time.  It's the Slight Edge (ala Jeff Olson).

I won tonight NOT by forgoing the popcorn, but by overcoming the thought that would have cracked the foundation of my persistence, my determination, my everything causing grand failure over time.  In that I celebrate a strong victory.  YOU can too!

Day 4 - complete success!  I look forward to day 5 with aggressive anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment